(PRICING IS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE)
As technology has improved over the course of the last ten years, we’ve seen a trend emerge; couples deciding to use an iPod instead of a DJ at the wedding reception. Now, as a wedding DJ/MC who deals with a lot of different budgets and financial scenarios I can certainly appreciate the need to cut costs but entertainment is 100% the worst place to look for that cut. Your reception entertainment can either make or break your party, it sets the mood for the entire event and if not done well can result in an empty dance floor.
Here are my 5 reasons why you should always hire a professional DJ and not try to substitute with your uncle or friend and an a iPod. Or a cheap inexperienced DJ for your once in a life time event. Your special day is worth the Best and that is what we are all about.
1. A professional DJ has the proper equipment for your event. While I know that speakers look huge and look like they can carry sound throughout a room properly, there is a delicate balance between filling a reception venue with sound and not blasting your guests away with blaring music. A professional DJ will have professional equipment to properly fill a venue of any size with the music. They will also have mics for speeches and backups if something fails. Nothing could be worse than dancing away to a killer playlist and all of a sudden having a screeching halt to the music when a speaker blows or watching your guests go outside to get away from the blaring sound.
2. A professional DJ will come with experience in acting as the MC for the evening and he will be able to make professional announcements for things like the Maid of Honor speech and cake cutting. He isn’t intimidated to speak in front of a large crowd so having someone who is already comfortable (and not a few drinks in) is important. An excellent DJ/MC can be a great day of Coordinator at no added cost ( we don’t make it pretty, but we make it run very well). This is something we are very, very good at.
3. Playlist selection and pacing is so incredibly important. Some brides argue that with an iPod they have complete control over the music selection but in my opinion, why would you want that? Why wouldn’t you instead want to make a selection of must play songs for your DJ and then allow him/her to pick the right songs at the right time to ensure your dance floor is packed all night long? They have a much better knowledge base of music and understanding of how to pace a party than all of us do.
4. Insurance is something I recommend (And we do carry) to most of my clients regardless of their entertainment selection but it’s even more important if you’re deciding to use an iPod setup as opposed to a professional DJ. DJ companies carry liability insurance that will cover them in the event that their equipment injures someone (imagine Aunt Margie tripping over wires), or should their equipment cause an electrical fire and burns down the property but if you’re the one putting a speaker in the space you are ultimately responsible for anything that would happen as a result.
5. In the end, you’re not really saving that much by using an iPod. In order to get a proper playlist of music for your event you’ll have to purchase between $60-$70 worth of music, you’ll need an iPod ($200), a reasonable sound system ($250), a backup in case the other quits on you ($150), microphones for toasts ($75), and insurance ($200). Right there, you’re $925 in on the iPod idea. On top of it, you’re going to have to ask a friend or an uncle to man the iPod all night to make sure that it doesn’t stop suddenly and to make announcements to your guests. So in the end, I have to ask, is that really worth it?
At the end of the night, your guests aren’t going to remember if you decided to use the reception chairs instead of chiavari chairs, they aren’t going to remember if you decided to use a backup sheet cake and faux layers in your wedding cake, or that you decided not to give out favors.
What they will remember is how much their feet hurt the next day because they danced the night away to all of their favorite music played by a professional and trusted DJ.
We have Set Packages and Prices for your Convenience: We offer a very high quality service at a medium based price. Our goal has never been to be the least nor the most expensive but to always be the best. Please feel free to read our reviews, within our site and on Weddingwire. To see the value that our past clients have found in us.
These packages are for events of 50-200 People
Events on special holidays will incur an extra charge
PARTY PACKAGE 1: $595 (for 50-200 People)
1 – 4 hours of DJ Service
Extended Library of Music
Business Casual Attire
PARTY PACKAGE 2: $695 (for 50-200 People)
1 – 4 hours of DJ Service
Extended Library of Music
Basic Light Show or Music Video Package
The Following Are Our 2018 Wedding Package Promotions
Check Out Our Exciting Wedding Extras: Monograms
Silver Wedding Package: $895.00 (for 50 – 200 People)
*Up to 4 hours of DJ Service Reception only (Dinner Music Included) *Extended Music Library *Professional Equipment *Master of Ceremonies *Pre Event Planning / Wedding Reception Planning *Backup Equipment *Formal attire. (Travel fees may be added dependent upon location).
Gold Wedding Package: $1095.00 (for 50-200 People) Same General Area
*Up to 4 Hours of DJ Service (Dinner Music Included) *Extended Music Library *Professional Equipment *Master of Ceremonies *Pre Event Planning Planning *Backup Equipment *Formal Attire. And with up to 1 hour for Ceremony. With separate ceremony system if needed. (Travel fees may be added, dependent upon location. This is for a total of up to 5 hours of service.)
The Platinum Package: $1590.00 (for 50-200 People) “Our Most Popular Package”
*Up to 4 Hours of DJ Service (Dinner Music Included) *Extended Music Library *Professional Equipment *Master of Ceremonies *Pre Event Planning *Backup Equipment *Formal Attire Plus: * Photobooth with up to 3 hours for your event. And up to 1 hour for your ceremony, with separate ceremony system if needed. (Travel fees may be added, dependent on location. This is for a total of up to 5 hours of DJ Service and a total of up to 3 hours of Photobooth service.)
*This package also includes up to 1 of the 4 upgrades listed below. The music video package (Basic). Our basic dance floor lighting setup. Or the personalized monogram that we offer. Or a single speaker setup in another area either wireless or with an iPod play back system (Basic). Offer excludes motion monograms.
Extra Speaker Or Extra Full System Coverage: $100 – $200
This would be if an extra speaker was needed in another location such as outside or a different room or just in an area were our normal system would not be effective. The extra full system would be in weddings or events of over 250 people were more sound amplification would be needed or if someone had the desire to have a second full system somewhere else. Such as one system inside a venue for dinner and then moving outside to a separate area for dancing. In either of these cases another full system or speaker system of over 4000 watts is added.
Monogram: (Names On Dance Floor Or Wall) $150.00 – $300.00
Pricing dependent on whether Gobo is made from steel, glass or projection. If done with our video projector the pricing would be 150 Dollars and picking one of our 32 custom Monograms.
Photomontage: (Slideshow) $150.00 Separate – $475.00
A 60 (Pre scanned) Photo Slideshow or Complete with Projection (Projector and Screen).
For a more detailed or custom Package, Please give us a call, the possibilities are unlimited!
Basic Dance Floor Light Show: $100.00
Dance Floor lighting to add a little flash to your dance floor
Music Video Package With 46 Inch LCD: $100.00
Many of today’s currents hits are in a music video format. This is a very cool way to upgrade the vibe on the dance floor.
Photobooth: $495.00 – $695.00
Up to 3 hours and not over 200 people if combined with DJ Service or $695.00 if not.
CEREMONY COVERAGE PACKAGES (Included in Gold and Platinum package)
CEREMONY SYSTEM $200.00 – 300.00: When you’re having your Ceremony on site or off site (It will cost more off site, we can provide sound reinforcement for your ceremony and this is what it includes: *Up to an hour of Coverage *Up to 1 high quality Speaker (as needed) *Professional Music Play out System *Wireless Lapel/Lavalier Microphone for your Officiate/Priest/Pastor *Your Choice of Music for your, Processional, Bridal March, Candle or Sand Ceremony (If being done) and Recessional. *Pre Ceremony Music while your guests are sitting. Higher prices are charged when or if the ceremony is in another location such as another city or adding extra equipment to accommodate musicians this is taken on a case by case basis.
“We Only Do Ceremonies When Connected To Us Doing The Reception”
CEREMONY REHEARSAL $250.00: It includes attendance of the ceremony reheasal and a small system brought, which consists of an Ipod and a self powered speaker. This way you can actually practice to the music of your day I can also assist if need to help organize your rehearsal. This can be incredibly helpful if you have an inexperienced officiate (AKA family friend or favorite uncle). We have been doing ceremonies for over a decade and we bring that experience with us. Out of town or difficult locations fees may apply.
Overtime is $200.00 per hour after the contracted time.
A Traveling fee will be charged if deemed necessary. If your event is not within our service area or in a difficult location. Hotel fees may apply as well, dependent on location. Overtime is charge per service, meaning if you did overtime on both Photobooth and DJ that would be an added $400.00 for one hour, or Just DJ service or Just Photobooth then $200 dollars for one hour.
All events require a $300.00 or $500.00 retaining fee if adding a Photobooth. This is a non-refundable retainer to hold the date of your event. Retainer does go towards final payment. With final payment being made no later than 2 weeks before event.
Wireless Speaker Upgrade:
What is it and why would you need it? That’s a great question and an easy answer. If you have a location that is not far from our main DJ Setup we can wirelessly project to that speaker even if there is no power. This particular speaker also can be used for rehearsals and ceremonies such as a beach wedding. It has a wireless hand mic built in, add an IPad and boom instant sound.
Basic Dance Floor Lighting Upgrade:
Basic dance floor lighting can add energy to any dance floor. This is a very simple but good lighting system Called a ChauvetGigbar offering multiple lights and lasers synched to the beat of the music on the dance floor.
Custom Monogram Upgrade:
This is a great way to take your wedding reception to the next level. You can choose from anyone of our 32 custom monograms. These are done with an extremely High quality video projector. Also ask about our “ Motion” monograms to make this even better.
This comes in different flavors and sizes we have a 46 inch LCD that can be used for our music video package. As well as a 6 foot by 9 foot rear projection big screen system. Not only can these be used for our music video package but for photomontages. Though I have to say I’m a lover of the big screen system with music videos during dance. It takes it to a whole new level.
Our Photobooth is the Atlanta Photobooth, it’s one of the best in the industry. Not only does it produce two photostrips at a time. But it is also capable of recording HD video messages. This way not only do you get the strips for your memories but the actual fun moments on video if your guests choose to leave them.
Photobooth Enclosure Upgrade:
Our Photobooth is normally open air style, like the photo of the booth in this document. We then use a pipe and drape backdrop. It’s great for getting lots of guests in the photo’s and looks great as well. But if your goal is to class up your event every chance you get. Then we can use this enclosure, though there is a 100 dollar fee for use of the enclosure. I will say that this can sometimes bring out the fun in people. When not everyone can see what’s going on.